Infosys shares fell sharply on Friday after the IT major said its annual dollar sales would grow by a modest 6 to 10 per cent against estimates of 9 to 13 per cent. The sharp selloff in Infosys shares affected other IT stocks and weighed on the broader Sensex, which closed at a seven-month low.
- April 4, 2003: The last time Infosys shares fell to this extent in a single session.
- 36,000 crore: The amount (in rupee terms) Infosys lost in market capitalization in a single session.
- 3,350 crore: The total turnover (in rupee terms) on Infosys shares on BSE and NSE combined.
- 1.4 crore: The number of Infosys shares traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange combined against the average 10-20 lakh Infosys shares traded daily.
- 356: The number of index points that Infosys contributed on the downside on the BSE Sensex.
- 2,279: The price in rupee at which Infosys shares closed on Friday after opening at Rs. 2,625 on the National Stock Exchange. This is a thee-month low for Infosys. On Thursday, Infosys shares had closed at Rs. 2,918.
- 627.85: The amount in rupees investors lost on a single Infosys share in a single session.
- 22: The amount in percentage Infosys shares declined in a single session.
- 3,009.80: The 52-week high (in rupee terms) Infosys shares hit on 7 March, 2013.
- 2,060.55: The 52 week low (in rupee terms) Infosys shares hit on 5 October 2012.
Well, what a day!
Source : NDTV Profit.